Richard has been a serial entrepreneur and investor for nearly three decades.
He worked in accounting (Grant Thornton and KPMG, Perth), finance and investment banking (Quadrex Securities, London) in Australia and the U.K. before establishing a financial consulting and investment firm, Evolve Capital (a principal funded investment firm).
He has founded and exited three businesses, including Jesters Jaffle Pie Co., a retail food outlet he grew to 80 stores across Australia and New Zealand, then sold to the ASX-listed Australian Agricultural Company. He invested in Caporn Young, a single-office real estate business with 15 staff and 200 properties under management which he helped grow to three offices, 50 people and 700 properties under management in three years.
He also invested in The Healthy Food Chef, a health food café in Avalon that he rebranded to ‘Nourished – The Healthy Food Co,’ growing its annual revenue from $250,000 to $1 million before opening multiple stores and eventually exiting the business via a management buyout.
- Business development skills gained from starting, building and exiting multiple SME’s.
- Financial and management accounting and corporate finance deal structuring.
- Financial analysis, forecast modelling and valuation expertise.
- Financial reporting for businesses in a simplified manner that allows founders/CEOs to make fast decisions based on good data.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from University of Western Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance from the Securities Institute of Australia
- Chartered Accountant
- Venture Capital Executive Program at University of California, Berkeley